Then the extremely light Papillon Himalaya is our recommendation in the low-level B segment for you!
The Himalaya is the perfect statement of simplification and redefines mobility. Thus, your goals are limitless.The ultra-light hi-tech low-end B wing is hungry for cross country flights as well as radical Hike & Fly adventures and extended trips to remote launch sites.
The ultralight wing is aimed at a multi-layered pilot profile. It inspires the casual pilot as well as the ambitious alpine pilot and even helps students with hike & fly ambitions to have an easy entry into the sport.
Mobility, flexibility, independence. Minimal weight and easy handling – The ultra-lightweight Low-End B-Wing is the perfect all-round glider for your adventures. Extensive Hike&Fly trips and flights from the remote launch sites are easily mastered thanks to your HIMALAYA.
Leisure pilots and Hike&Fly beginners will also enjoy the HIMALAYA.
The risers are equipped with the Multiple Speed System (MSS) – a second pulley makes it possible to shorten the path of the accelerator and thus convert it into a LTF-A Hike&Fly glider suitable for training purposes.
Despite its good-natured behaviour, the HIMALAYA has excellent gliding properties, a sporty handling and precisely executes steering impulses. This is further enhanced by the minimal canopy weight. Its take-off characteristics also benefit from the lightweight canopy: even under difficult conditions, the HIMALAYA climbs easily over the pilot and takes off at low speeds and thus after a short take-off distance.
Ultralight yet durable. Its complex lightweight construction is designed for long-term durability.
The concept of the HIMALAYA is simplification through innovative design features. The 3D-shaping and elaborate calculations of the ballooning together with the optimized wing prestressing ensure perfect airflow around the profile. The Precision Profile Nose System (PPN) helps the leading edge for optimal inflow. Miniribs and the Brake Gathering System (BGS) transfer control impulses to the wing with high efficiency and precision. The complex calculations of the High Pressure Crossport Design (HPCD) not only ensure optimized power-to-weight ratio, but also maximize cross-ventilation of the Crossports. A very straightforward line concept with just a few main lines ensures easy handling and a good overview when starting.
The well-thought-out mix of materials also ensures more durability and reduced weight. The lightweight Dokdo 10D material used has a double-sided coating and is not only the lightest material on the market but is also superior to conventional materials in terms of porosity. To avoid additional seams, the design in the lower sail has been completely omitted.
Newest Paragliding Development
- The 3D-shaping and elaborate calculations of the balloon-ing combined with the optimized pre-tensioning of the wing, provide the ideal flow around the profile.
- The Precision Profile Nose System (PPN) helps to provide the optimized flow alongside the whole cell opening area.
- Miniribs and the Brake Gathering System (BGS) are transmitting control pulses to the wing with high efficiency and precision.
- The elaborate calculations of the High Pressure Crossport Design (HPCD) are not only providing optimized performance weight, but also max-imize the lateral aeration of the crossports. A very well-structured line concept with few main lines provides easy handling and a good overview during the launch.
- The risers are equipped with the Multiple Speed System (MSS) and through a second pulley the accelerator travel can be shortened and thereby the glider can be turned into a LTF-A Hike&Fly wing that is suitable for training.
|Start Weight [kg]||60-100||60-110|
|Flat Area [m²]||22,2||24,4|
|Projected Area [m²]||18,649||20,493|
|Flat Wingspan [m]||10,536||11,045|
|Projected Wingspan [m]||8,284||8,682|
|Chord: Center/ Wingtip [m]||2,506 / 0,709||2,627 / 0,744|
|V-Trim [km/h]||~ 38-40||~ 38-40|
|Bridle height [m]||6,532||6,848|
|Nr. of Cells||36||36|
|Glider Weight [kg]||2,85||3,2|
|Bridle Length [m]||239,512||251,819|
|Line Diameter [mm]||0,6/0,9/1,1|
|Speed system / trimmer||Yes/No||Yes/No|
|acceleration travel [mm]||100 / 140||100 / 140|
|Certification||EN/LTF-A² / B1||EN/LTF-A² / B1|
|Certified standards and procedures||LTF 91/09 & EN 926-1:2006, 926-2:2013||LTF 91/09 & EN 926-1:2006, 926-2:2013|
|Folding lines used for certification||No||No|
- inner bag
- compression strap
- manual (PDF)